Inside FTB - Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Payment Failure for Installment Agreements
On December 1 and December 2, 2013, an error occurred and we were unable to complete approximately 16,000 EFT installment agreement transactions.
Because this was our error, we will not consider the affected taxpayer’s lack of payment as a default on their installment agreements. Taxpayers can expect their January payments to be processed as normal.
We are taking the following steps to correct the error:
- We issued a letter to affected taxpayers explaining the issue and requested they voluntarily remit their December payment using one of our payment options.
- We posted a public service bulletin on our website to inform affected taxpayers of the issue.
- We applied missed payments received within 10 days of the date of our letter, with the effective date of December 1 or 2, 2013.
What can you do if you have a client that’s an affected taxpayer:
Have your client remit the missed payment using one of the following payment options:
- Pay online at ftb.ca.gov using Web Pay.
- Pay with a credit card. Go to ftb.ca.gov and search for payment options.
- Pay by check or money order in person at one of our field offices.
Mail check or money order with the account number written on the front of the payment to:
Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942867
Sacramento CA 94267-0041