FTB en Español – Extension Filing
Fall is right around the corner! October 15, 2013, is the deadline for taxpayers to timely file their 2012 state personal income tax returns to avoid late filing penalties.
We offer tools and information for taxpayers and tax preparer’s to make filing easy and convenient. We improved our services in Spanish so taxpayers can:
- See if they need to file a tax return
- Check their refund status.
- Request an installment agreement by telephone or download and fill out forms in Spanish.
- See if they qualify for the Head of Household filing status.
- Obtain answers to frequently asked questions.
- Obtain forms and publications in Spanish.
Don’t forget the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Taxpayers earning less than $50,270 in 2012 can qualify for a “refundable” credit that can total up to $5,891. Taxpayers can see if they qualify for the credit by visiting the Internal Revenue Service website. California has no comparable state credit.