Get Ready for the Filing Season with e-Services
During these difficult times, it is increasingly important to work both smart and efficiently. Don’t forget to take advantage of all our online services. We know it sounds cliché, but our online services really do save you and your clients time, money, and stress.
MyFTB Account - How many times have you received incorrect data regarding your client’s estimated tax payments? Did you know you can find this information online before you complete their tax return? MyFTB Account gives you a snapshot of the information we have, including:
- Estimated tax payments.
- Payments and balance due.
- Wage and withholding information.
- FTB-issued 1009-G and 1099-INT records.
Web Pay - If your clients need to make a payment, encourage them to pay electronically using Web Pay. This service simply debits their account on the day of their choice, up to one year in advance. We’ve developed form FTB 1382A to assist you with providing step-by-step instruction for your clients. With Web Pay, they can:
- Make an estimated tax payment (Form 540-ES).
- Pay the balance due on their current-year tax return.
- Make an extension payment (form FTB 3519).
- Pay any amount owed for prior years.
- Pay any personal income tax bill from us.
- Pay any notice of proposed assessment.
- Make a tax deposit payment.
Refunds - Taxpayers are always anxious to know what is going on with their refund. Encourage them to check the status of their refund online. Once their return has been processed, we will let them know the day their refund was authorized and give the estimated timeframe to receive their refund. Keep in mind, they generally will receive their refund much quicker if they e-filed and selected direct deposit.
Looking for a form, schedule, or publication?
Have you ever had difficulty looking for one of our forms, schedules, or publications? We’ve developed a new online locator which allows you to search by the criteria of your choice. You can search by tax year, taxpayer type, form type, or simply by the form number or keyword. Go to ftb.ca.gov and select the Forms tab.
Helpful filing hints
- In order to save time and processing delays, please verify your client’s address and social security number prior to submitting their tax return.
- If you e-file and transmit a California return with an incorrect social security number and we accept the return, do not correct the SSN and retransmit it. Call our Tax Practitioner Hotline at 916.845.7057 to make the correction.
- Advise your clients to sign up to get a quarterly email reminder for estimated tax payments.