Find Forms Faster and Easier With Our Form Locator
On December 15, 2009, we will have a new search tool on our forms webpage; it is called the Form Locator.
How the form locator works
The form locator will help taxpayers find forms faster and easier. It will also let them exclude most of the form results that they do not want. For example, taxpayers will be able to find:
- A specific form (or a range of forms).
- All forms for a specific taxpayer type.
- All forms for a specific form type.
- All forms we provide.
Other enhancements to the forms webpage
- Created a get help finding forms feature to help taxpayers find our forms.
- Added more links to web content that taxpayers may need to file forms.
- Organized our web content so it is easier to see everything at a glance.
Why these changes are better
Before, when taxpayers looked for our forms, they received 327 form results -- over 24 pages of web content. These form results combine tax forms and nontax forms for:
- Limited liability companies
- Estates and trusts
- Exempt organizations
If a taxpayer needs several tax forms, they may have to sort through all 327 forms to find them. However, most taxpayers only want the form results that apply to them. With our new forms locator, they don’t see every tax form and nontax form that we have.
Benefits to taxpayers
The form locator will:
- Make it faster and easier to find our forms online.
- Reduce the need for taxpayers to call us to get forms, wait to be helped, and wait weeks to get the forms.
- Decrease call wait times for other tax matters since fewer taxpayers would be calling for forms.
Benefits to California
The form locator will enable us to do much more with fewer resources. It will decrease our costs for:
- Website maintenance
- Call center resources
- Form printing
- Warehouse resources
- Mail postage