The SSA/IRS Reporter
An essential resource for business tax filing and compliance
The SSA/IRS Reporter is a joint effort between Social Security Administration (SSA) and IRS. It communicates messages to businesses with employees that support trust fund, employment tax, and business tax compliance, with an emphasis on educating and encouraging these stakeholders to file their taxes electronically.
The Reporter carries general information about best payroll and employment tax practices and SSA products and services, such as changes in forms for reporting employee wages, W-2 Online, SSA filing procedures, and Business Services Online.
The SSA/IRS newsletter also includes timely information from the Department of Labor, Department of Justice, Health and Human Services, and other government agencies.
- Federal minimum wage increases.
- Closing the tax gap - a priority for all.
- Employer responsibilities when hiring foreign workers.
- DOL introduces new tool for calculating overtime pay.
- DOJ's business connection initiative helps businesses understand ADA.
- Recommend Electronic IRS for your employees' tax needs.
To learn about the availability of the latest issue of the SSA/IRS Reporter and other IRS products and services, subscribe to IRS's e-News for Small Businesses. To see a representative sample and to start your free subscription to e-News at IRS.gov, just type in your email address and submit.