HOH and RAR workshops coming in July
As part of our goal to continually improve customer service, we are offering two practitioner workshops starting this July: Head of Household (HOH) and Revenue Agent Reports (RAR). The workshops offer tax professionals an in-depth review and update of the HOH and RAR audit programs.
HOH workshop topics include:
- An overview of the HOH program.
- Who qualifies for the HOH filing status?
- Relevant HOH law.
- Common reasons the HOH filing status is denied.
RAR program workshop topics include:
- An overview of the RAR program.
- Discussion of taxpayer responsibility to notify FTB after a federal examination.
- Statute of limitations.
- Audit-related penalties.
Each workshop will be two hours long, and can be held separately or jointly.
We will send invitation letters this month to chapters of the California Society of Enrolled Agents, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, California Society of Tax Professionals, and other tax professional organizations. The letter will include forms to request either workshop, as well as contact information.
If you have questions about scheduling an HOH or RAR workshop, please call:
- Bonnie Hoyle for the HOH workshop at (916) 845-3959.
- Estela Evangelista for the RAR workshop at (916) 845-7539