State tax information accessible to more taxpayers
Chinese, Korean, Spanish, and Vietnamese electronic publications now available
For the first time, several income tax publications have been translated into Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. In the past, FTB has offered various tax publications in Spanish.
This milestone reflects California's status as one of the nation's most diverse states. More importantly, it demonstrates our commitment to making services available to more of the state's taxpayers. We encourage speakers of these languages to visit our Website, and download the forms as needed.
The newly available, translated electronic forms are:
- California Taxpayers' Bill of Rights (FTB 4058C).
- Franchise Tax Board Privacy Notice (FTB 1131).
- Request for Innocent Spouse Relief Form and Brochure (FTB 705).
- Homeowner and Renter Assistance Booklet (FTB 9000/9000R).
Note: This form will be available in Vietnamese for the 2007 HRA season.
The Homeowner and Renter Assistance Program provides a once-a-year payment from the state, based on the property taxes paid by qualified homeowners and renters. For the 2006 claim year, eligible homeowners can receive a payment of up to $472.60, while eligible renters can receive up to $347.50.
FTB offers tax help from several sources:
- Our Website is the best source of assistance. Available 24/7, 365 days a year, the site includes FAQs, tax forms, and a "Contact Us" page
- Our customer service representatives are available year-round Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at (800) 852-5711.
- There are also six field offices open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. in Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and Santa Ana.
The following publications are currently in the translation process, and will be available in the near future. We will alert you as soon as they are available.
- Exempt Organizations (Publication 927).
- Frequently Asked Questions About Your Tax Audit (Publication 1015B).
- Frequently Asked Questions: Residency Tax Audit (Publication 1015R).
- California Glossary of Tax Terms: English/Chinese, English/Korean,
and English/Vietnamese (Publication 1209).
Note: Publication 1209 is currently available in English/Spanish.