Fiduciary e-file Program General Information
As of January 2, 2014, Fiduciaries are able to e-file FTB Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2013.
Adding fiduciaries to our California e-file program will make it possible to e-file the following forms listed below, as well as most other accompanying forms and schedules:
- Form 541 - California Fiduciary Income Tax Return
- Schedule D (541) - Capital Gain of Loss
- Schedule J (541) - Trust Allocation of an Accumulation Distribution
- Schedule K-1 (541) - Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits
- Schedule P (541) - Alternative Minimum Tax and Credit Limitations - Fiduciaries
A complete list of the acceptable forms and schedules can be found in our Acceptable Forms for Fiduciary e-file.
Important Fiduciary e-file information
- Check with your software provider to see if they support Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciaries are not included in the individual e-file mandate at this time. We will reevaluate the fiduciary e-file program at the end of 2014 for potential inclusion in the mandate beginning in January 2016.
- We accept all corresponding IRS forms and schedules. Check with your software provider for a specific list of forms and schedules they support.
- The Fiduciary e-file system is available year-round.
- We accept e-signatures for fiduciary returns. For more information, see e-Signature Options for Fiduciary e-file.