Check Your Refund Status
What you need
You will need the following to check the status of your 2013 California personal income tax refund:
- Your social security number.
- Your mailing address. If your address has changed since you filed your return, please update your address online.
- The refund amount shown on your tax return.
- A compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.
You will generally* receive your state tax refund within:
- 7-10 days if you e-filed your return.
- 8-12 weeks from the date you mailed your return.
*Important note: In most cases, we issue refunds within these timeframes. However, a very small percentage of tax returns require additional time to process for many reasons, including when a return has errors, is incomplete, or needs further review.