MyFTB Account for Businesses 2012 Winner Best of California

You can use MyFTB Account for Businesses to:

  • View estimated income tax payments before filing your return. Claiming the wrong amount of estimated tax payments causes processing delays which delays your refund.
  • Verify the exact entity name to use when filing a return to avoid another common error that causes processing delays.

You need to register with us to access your account:

Already registered? Login

When you register, you must select a user name and password, and provide the following information:

Business Entities Tax Professionals
  • A valid email address.
  • Your company type and account number:
    • Corporation: 7-digit California Corporation ID number.
    • Limited Liability Company (LLC): 9- or 12-digit Secretary of State (SOS) ID number.
    • Partnership: 9-digit Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
  • Information from a CA tax return filed in the last five years:
    • Year of the tax return.
    • Type of tax return.
    • Income information on the tax return (varies by form type).

If your business has not filed a California tax return, you cannot register.

  • A valid email address.
  • Your social security number or Federal Employer Indentification Number (FEIN).
  • One of the following ID numbers:
    • PTIN (Practitioner Tax Identification Number).
    • EFIN (Electronic Filer Identification Number).
    • CTEC (California Tax Education Council).
    • California CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
    • Enrolled Agents: Use your PTIN or EFIN.

If you do not have one of the ID numbers above, you cannot register as a tax professional.

Note: To view your client's account, you should have your client's permission and must provide information from your client's tax return.

Note: You must also have a compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.