Examples of Form 593-B, Real Estate Withholding Tax Statement
Use Form 593-B to report the real estate withholding for each seller. Depending on the situation of the real estate transaction, determines how you complete the form.
Send us Copy A of Form 593-B and distribute the remaining copies per form instructions.
View examples of how to report various situations:
- Example 1: Sellers as husband and wife or Registered Domestic Partners (RDPs)
- Example 2A and 2B: Calculations for multiple sellers
- Example 3A and 3B: Grantor & non-grantor trusts
- Example 4: Multiple unit dwellings
- Example 5A and 5B: Multiple unit dwellings with multiple owners
- Example 6: Withholding on the down payment of an installment sale
- Example 7: Installment sales when the buyer is withholding on installment payments
- Example 8: Withholding on failed exchanges
- Example 9: Withholding on boot in a completed exchange
- Example 10: Withholding on boot out of escrow
- Example 11: Withholding on refinance title transfers
For assistance in completing the form, contact Withholding Services and Compliance at 888.792.4900.